Skip to main content
Support Workforce Development
NBPL does its best to provide assistance to the unemployed, underemployed, and to help build crucial job skills. In addition to the help our staff gives to patrons, the library offers many electronic resources to help guide patrons in the right direction.
- Alamo Workforce Solutions: NBPL is always glad to support or host workforce development and we work closely with Alamo Workforce Solutions. This year we had an intern through Alamo Workforce Solutions who was able to gain invaluable work experience and skills.
- Internships: NBPL hosted a student pursuing a Masters in Public Relations complete a 3-week long internship at the library.
- Meeting Spaces: NBPL and the WCC offer workspaces for any non-profit organization. Due to its popularity, new policies had to be created about how often each organization can book a room in order to give other groups and organizations the same opportunity.
- Career/Employment LibGuides: The library also maintains a few LibGuides with information focused on employment, resume creation, job seeking, business resources, and enhancing computer skills.
- Databases: In addition to LibGuides, the library has many databases to help with a variety of trainings such as Learning Express 3.0, AtomicTraining, Procitizen, Pronunciator, and Rocket Languages.Through these databases patrons can learn basic computer skills, employment information, testing preparation, or even learn a new language.
- The Niche Academy: While the library staff loves to help patrons in-person, we are sometimes unable to help as much as we'd like due to a high volume of people. Our solution to this was to implement Niche Academy. This gives patrons the power to go through tutorials at their own pace. We recently added tutorials on popular continuing educations sites such as Universal Class and we've added tutorials for basic computer skills such as setting up an email.
Databases to help with computer skills and digital literacy:
Meeting Room Policies
- A full explanation of our Meeting Rooms and Study Rooms can be found on our homepage. http://www.nbtexas.org/1534/Meeting-Study-Rooms
- This year NBPL received a total of 187 room booking requests at the main library (not including Study Rooms).
- We were able to accommodate 147 of those booking requests in our Conference Room and Meeting Room for over 60 different groups and organizations.
Career/Employment LibGuides available to patrons
Procitizen & Pronunciator
Pronunciator offers over 80 languages to learn from and provides easy-to-follow videos and tutorials. By logging in with your NBPL card, you can save your progress and repeat tutorials if you need a refresher. This site is also available in Spanish.
Procitizen helps prepare patrons for all aspects of the U.S. Citizenship process. This online course will prepare you for the civics, reading and writing parts of the USCIS Naturalization Test.We also have a Spanish-language version of this site.
700 East Common Street, New Braunfels, TX, 78130 • Phone: (830) 221-4300 • SMS: (830) 253-4804 • Fax: (830) 608-2154