Skip to main content
Provide Services to Underserved Populations through Outreach, Programs, & Collaborations
For the year 2017, the New Braunfels Public Library provided a wide variety of programs designed to serve the needs of many special groups in the New Braunfels community. Some of these programs included:
- Memory Café program: This year NBPL introduced this new program aimed at those experiencing memory loss and their caregivers. Hosted one a month, this program provides activities to stimulate the brain, educational seminars, and stress busting tips.
- ESL Classes: The library continues to provide free Vocational ESL Classes at our Westside Community Center.
- Offering Food Vouchers: Continuation of our collaboration with the Mobile Food Pantry and San Antonio Food Bank by providing food vouchers and being a distribution location.
- RIOmobile: The library added new stops to our weekly Bookmobile (RIOmobile) stops throughout the city of New Braunfels in places such as apparent complexes, senior living centers, parks, and some K-12 schools. The RIOmobile also made special appearances at large city events including Comal County Fair Parade, Resolute Healthy Pregnancy Fair, McKenna Roll & Read, National Night Out, Dr. Seuss Celebration, and several resource nights, back to school fairs, and PTA carnivals at schools in the area.
- College Prep:The library hosts college prep seminars to help high schoolers with applications, financial aid, and more!
- O.W.L. (Older, Wiser, Livelier) program: The library has continued and enhanced our O.W.L program which hosts an assortment of event for the senior citizen crowd such as crafting, movies, games/puzzles, and guest speakers.
- PEACE program: The library offers a work space and provides small tasks at both locations for the PEACE (Promoting endless possibilities by Expanding knowledge and Achieving personal outcomes through Community integration that Enriches lives) program which allows mentally handicapped adults to participate in volunteer activities and help the community.
All the NBPL programs have received positive feedback and achieved great success within the New Braunfels community. Lastly, a majority of our program brochures were also available in Spanish to provide more opportunities for community involvement.
700 East Common Street, New Braunfels, TX, 78130 • Phone: (830) 221-4300 • SMS: (830) 253-4804 • Fax: (830) 608-2154