Skip to main content
3. Marketing Materials
The New Braunfels Public Library has always created and distributed a variety of press releases programming brochures, program-specific fliers, and maintained an active social media presence to keep patrons informed of the library program schedule.
- Brochures: The library staff offers informational brochures every month. These brochures include information about reoccurring programs and specialty programs. We have separate brochures to feature our main location and our Westside Community Center (WCC) location. The library and WCC offer both brochures are offered to give patrons the opportunity to be involved at both locations.
- Specific Programs:For specialty programs, such as Summer Reading, NBPL creates flyers and social media posts a few weeks in advance to give patrons plenty of notice for events and programs.
- Calendars: Calendars for each age group are created on a monthly basis. We have a Children’s, Tween, Teen, and Adult calendar so patrons can choose a calendar based on their age or which programs they are interested in.
- Newsletters/Email Blasts: The Adult Services Librarian compiles a list of events for each week and sends out an email containing our weekly newsletter and information about new or upcoming programs. The newsletter provides links to webpages that patrons can visits to receive more information. We have recently redesigned our emails to make them more visually appealing and easier to read.
- Press Releases: Any time NBPL has a special or new program taking place, a press release is distributed throughout the city to inform everyone of new additions at the library.
- Social Media: NBPL is active on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram. Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram are constantly updated and showcase upcoming events, the success of previous events, holiday specific items, booklists, and more.
- Media Contacts: The library works in collaboration with outside media sources, such as the New Braunfels Herald-Zeitung, to keep patrons informed of what’s happening at the library and Westside Community Center.
Most of the brochures and handouts in Spanish and are also available on our webpages. Librarians continuously update their specific LibGuides and webpages while the Digital Services Librarian maintains all other web pages. Visit our city website here: http://www.nbtexas.org/114/Library.
Tween & Teen Event Examples
Specialty Event Examples @ WCC
Adult Events Examples
September & October Brochure
Book Club Graphic
Specialty Event Examples @ NBPL
Coco Movie & Craft
700 East Common Street, New Braunfels, TX, 78130 • Phone: (830) 221-4300 • SMS: (830) 253-4804 • Fax: (830) 608-2154