Contest Date: Saturday, July 29, 2017
Registration Deadline: Wednesday, July 26, 2017 @ 8 pm
DAY OF CONTEST SCHEDULE:
Entry Drop Off: 9 am - 9:45 am at the Westside Community Center
Judging & Photos: 10 am - 10:15 am
Public Viewing & Voting: 10:15 am - 11:15 am
Vote Tally: 11:15 am - 11:30 am
Award Ceremony: 11:30 am - 12 pm
1. The WCC Edible Book Contest is open to everyone who loves books and cakes.
2. Each edible creation must depict a fiction or nonfiction book or character.
3. All entries must be family friendly. The WCC reserves the right to reject any entries that are considered to be inappropriate.
4. Each food creation must be at least 95% edible (made of food or foodstuffs). The base should be no larger than 18x18 inches. The creation will be without refrigeration and on display for 3 to 4 hours, so it must not be made of extremely perishable ingredients.
5. The creation must be on a disposable base (preferably cardboard) and if the contestant does not pick it up by the end of the show, it will be discarded. The Westside Community Center is not liable for any personal items that are brought into the center.
6. Complete the official entry form. The entry form must be received on or before the contest deadline: Wednesday, July 26, 2017, at 8 pm. Edible creations will not be accepted until the stated drop-off date and time (Saturday, July 29, from 9 am to 9:45 am.) Entry forms are available at the WCC Library and at the main library on Common Street. City of New Braunfels employees are not eligible to enter contest.
7. By entering this contest, the creator of the "edible book" is giving the Westside Community Center permission to photograph and publish information on the creation and its creators on the library's website, social media platforms, library publications, and other publications of the library's choosing.
8. Each edible book submission should be accompanied by a physical copy or an image of the book being depicted, to be displayed by the submission.
9. Each entry will be judged on the following criteria: (a) Originality and Creativity; (b) Skill and Construction; (c) Visual Appeal; and (d) Tie-in with the book being depicted.
10. Awards will be given in the following categories: (1) Best of Show Adult Book; (2) Best of Show Young Adult Book (YA); (3) Best of Show Children's Book (J or E); and (4) People's Choice.
11. Due to limited space, an individual or family may submit ONE 'edible book' for this contest. Creations will be judged as presented for viewing. (Edible books will not be judged based on photographs in the case of damage prior to drop-off.)
12. You must be present to win.
13. For more information, please call (830) 221-4301 or email email@example.com.
14. The Westside Community Center and the City of New Braunfels accept no responsibility for the food safety of the edible book created for this event. Participants and patrons consume at their own risk.